Release notes for Media Vault firmware version 22.214.171.124
- FAT32 disks are no longer listed as Foreign Disks on the disk settings page
- The HELP window now opens on top of the web UI window
- The Workgroup name can now be changed in User-based mode
- The Disk Settings page now correctly reflects the used data space on FAT32 and NTFS formatted drives greater than 100GB
- A NAS device name change is now correctly logged in the System Log in localized languages
- In some cases the media server was starting twice during startup. This has been fixed.
- The media server name now changes to match when the Media Vault name is changed
- Default user privilege levels are now correctly applied to newly created shared folders
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the creation of a mirror or JBOD on a Media Vault with a large amount of media files
- Fixed a bug that manifested while creating 12 character share names with password protection enabled
-Fixed an issues on the WebUI share browsing page that prevented a file from being downloaded in Firefox by right clicking the link and click “Save Link As”.
- Un-checking the NTP server button now preserves all NTP addresses
- Updated SAMBA to version 3.0.23d to support Vista
- NTP addresses can now be IP address or a URL (e.g., pool.ntp.org)
-Added startup.sh script (for those with Linux skills to add startup functionality)
- Update Zoneinfo database to support U.S. Daylight Savings changes (DST starts 2nd weekend in March, ends 1st weekend in November)
- NFS and CIFS are now split into separate checkboxes on the share management pages (NFS cannot be password protected)
- Hot plugging is now enabled on the second SATA drive (this is only intended for non-mirrored volumes, remember to 'Safely Remove Disk' before removing).
- “Top” is now enabled in busybox (this is a process status monitor useful if logged in via Telnet)
- Added LFS support.
Return to the HP Media Vault FAQ