Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Gee...  That's really a shame, Chuck.  I'll make sure that both of these guys (who were never really bad guys as I remember) get on the prayer network at my church.  Just goes to show how things can turn around in what seems like a split second.  It definitely makes me stop to count my blessings.  Good to hear from you, though....  Just wish it could have been better circumstances.  Take care...  Jay 

Sunday, July 25, 2004

We can take John Roach off of the missing people list..he is in state prison....Graterford near Philadelphia..I looked him up and found his file and mugshot at work on the D.O.C.Net computer..just wanted everyone to know..he is in for several DUI's...Topny Walsh also went to school with us but didnt graduate with us as he was held back a grade by the time we were seniors..Tony also has done state time..I talked with him while he was finishing his state time and in our infirmary for medical problems..he teared up when he saw me..was quite sad..Tony is dying from intravenous drug use hepatitis....just thought I would let everyone know.....Chuck

Monday, July 12, 2004

Hi Everyone! Spent last Saturday night playing at my church bazaar with Joe and Mary Lynch, and Paul Reinert. Just Us became Just More of Us ! What a great night. Seems that we haven't missed a beat (pardon the pun). Was at Holy Trinity's bazaar with my mom and friends from New York last Thursday to partake in the best Potato Pancakes in Pennsylvania!
Also got to hold my new granddaughter on July 4th weekend. She is truly a treasure! That's about all for now. See you down the road apiece!

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July! It seems that someone in the family has gone motorcycle crazy and it's not me this time. As many of you know, I've had a love affair with motorcycles that goes back as far as I can remember. At first, I went through several minibikes before graduating to motorcycles so I've had a motorbike of some sort for more than 35 years. Terri enjoys riding on the BMW as a passenger, and even though she got her motorcycle license nearly 18 years ago, she never did ride our various bikes much, probably because they were all too tall and/or too heavy for her. In June she took a refresher class from a professional motorcycle racer at the local track and the next day bought the bike that she had trained on, a little Honda Rebel. I figured she'd want to upgrade eventually, maybe after a season of riding, but who would have thought it would take her less than 30 days!? So now she's the proud owner of a new Ducati Monster which is a real thrill to ride. We got her all the safety gear, but I still worry and for the first time I realize why parents are so terrified of motorcycles. I never gave it much thought when I was the one doing the riding. I guess it's payback time for all the worry I caused my parents with my 'dangerous' hobbies like guns, motorcycles, and airplanes.

For the 4th of July Terri and I had an invitation to participate in a professional show that was held in Laramie, WY. We got to watch the show from behind the control console. You can click on the image to see a bigger picture of what the mortars looked like. We were less than 100 feet from the mortars as the shells were going off. We could physically feel the concussion of each shot and we were directly under the canopy of the exploding fireworks. The guy who ran the show ran it like a finale from the beginning to the end. It was 17 minutes 22 seconds long, set to music, and during that time he fired off nearly 2000 shells from mortars ranging in size from 4" to 12" in diameter. It was the most impressive 4th of July show I've ever witnessed from any distance.